Today's been an icky day. For many reasons that are indirectly linked to my past...
• How many of you suffer for being mega people pleasers?🤦♀️
• Anyone out there too easily turns belly up whenever pushed strongly by someone else's opinion?🤦♀️
• Have you ever let someone say "you're crazy" or "it's all in your head" and you believe them?🤦♀️
ALL of the above... and more!
I was taught to always give because withholding equals selfishness.
I was taught to consider others BETTER than me because the opposite is selfishness. (Why not consider everyone equally, MYSELF included!?)
I was taught that saying too much "I need this..." or "I need that..." from people around me made me inconvenient, a bloodsucker (yup!), and... you guessed it: selfish.
So, all the while telling my partner that I need a bit more attention, that I'm being hurt by some attitudes and actions, and that the situation is driving me away... first feeling I feel? Guilt... lots of it and in massive waves, because I have this siren in my head that starts screaming that I'm being selfish! Yup... that's what kind of day it was today.
BUT... tonight, I re-center, do some breathing exercises, and re-read affirmations that I'm training my mind to believe:
• I AM important - my feelings count too!
• I AM worthy of attention and affection as I understand it
• It is my BIRTHRIGHT, as a beautiful human being, to receive love, understanding, and kindness
Therefore, I CAN stand up for myself. I CAN let people know when they've hurt me. I CAN initiate dialogue when the situation's not good for me; I don't have to swallow it!
And you can too! You aren't crazy and it's not in your head! If something is sounding an alarm at gut level, look into it and stand your ground for YOU!
#love #loveyourself #nomore #strong #strongertogether #brokennotbound #yesyoucan #icandoit #newday #newlife #newme #beautiful #life #freedom #fly