[PR] Gain and Get More Likes and Followers on Instagram.

#strengthvstechnique

12 posts

TOP POSTS

Tuesday couldn't get better than this.
5 front squats @70 percent (40kgs). E3mom (18mins)
Wearning @wod_armour knee caps, which made it easier for me to lift.
#crossfit
#crossfitdaily
#crossfit7seas
#@wod_armour
#nike✔️ #nikewoman
#frontsquatslikewhat
#buildingupforit
#strengthvstechnique
#wobblylegs
#nofilter
Vc: @roephotography

MOST RECENT

Tuesday couldn't get better than this.
5 front squats @70 percent (40kgs). E3mom (18mins)
Wearning @wod_armour knee caps, which made it easier for me to lift.
#crossfit
#crossfitdaily
#crossfit7seas
#@wod_armour
#nike✔️ #nikewoman
#frontsquatslikewhat
#buildingupforit
#strengthvstechnique
#wobblylegs
#nofilter
Vc: @roephotography

Brute strength VS technique ✌️💪 how I managed to get any strength in my fingers after a full days worth of DIY ... I think I did a pretty darn good job! Gotta use that little pinkie finger more ... 🙄 #climbingwall #climbing #getstrong #thereach #bouldering #strength #strengthvstechnique

#Repost @strength_wod with @repostapp
・・・
Strength vs. Technique...
Let's be honest, friends: as I've mentioned before, hitting that snatch perfectly is a feeling unlike many; when you've been working on your technique for days, weeks, months, years and finally it's there! It does feel awesome...
But...what if there is only 95 lb. on the bar? Are all those hours really worth it? Could all that blood, sweat and tears have been better spent doing something else?
While we can all agree that snatching 95 lb. with great technique is better than snatching 95 lb. with shitty technique, how about snatching 135 or 185 lb. with, not perfect, but decent technique?
My old weightlifting coach used to say "technique is just an excuse for lack of strength", implying something I've come to agree with more and more; if you wanna lift heavy weights overhead, the easiest way to get there is just to get really strong!
While practicing weightlifting technique is fun, keep in mind that in a snatch, for example, only about 60% of the lift comes down to technical proficiency, while the rest - 40% - is a matter of pure strength. In the clean and jerk, the numbers are reverse, meaning up to 60% of the weight lifted comes down to just being strong.
Now don't get me wrong: I am a huge believer in good technique, and I'll happily spend countless hours correcting your setup, knees, pull, catch, etc. - there are always something to work with - but remember never to get too caught up in technique.
You always want that balance between technical work and strength work, and you're simply not getting away from grinding out some heavy squats if you wanna be a good lifter!
On the picture is Paul Anderson, a legend in the weightlifting world and a big believer in lifting heavy every day. He is said to have squatted over 1000 pounds before squat suits were even invented and legend has it one of his secrets to his strength was drinking raw cow's blood (don't worry, it's quite possible to get strong without that) 😉
#strengthwod #strengthvstechnique #getstrong #paulanderson #letsliftheavythings #gainzwithmainz #squatWOD

Strength vs. Technique...
Let's be honest, friends: as I've mentioned before, hitting that snatch perfectly is a feeling unlike many; when you've been working on your technique for days, weeks, months, years and finally it's there! It does feel awesome...
But...what if there is only 95 lb. on the bar? Are all those hours really worth it? Could all that blood, sweat and tears have been better spent doing something else?
While we can all agree that snatching 95 lb. with great technique is better than snatching 95 lb. with shitty technique, how about snatching 135 or 185 lb. with, not perfect, but decent technique?
My old weightlifting coach used to say "technique is just an excuse for lack of strength", implying something I've come to agree with more and more; if you wanna lift heavy weights overhead, the easiest way to get there is just to get really strong!
While practicing weightlifting technique is fun, keep in mind that in a snatch, for example, only about 60% of the lift comes down to technical proficiency, while the rest - 40% - is a matter of pure strength. In the clean and jerk, the numbers are reverse, meaning up to 60% of the weight lifted comes down to just being strong.
Now don't get me wrong: I am a huge believer in good technique, and I'll happily spend countless hours correcting your setup, knees, pull, catch, etc. - there are always something to work with - but remember never to get too caught up in technique.
You always want that balance between technical work and strength work, and you're simply not getting away from grinding out some heavy squats if you wanna be a good lifter!
On the picture is Paul Anderson, a legend in the weightlifting world and a big believer in lifting heavy every day. He is said to have squatted over 1000 pounds before squat suits were even invented and legend has it one of his secrets to his strength was drinking raw cow's blood (don't worry, it's quite possible to get strong without that) 😉
#strengthwod #strengthvstechnique #getstrong #paulanderson #letsliftheavythings #gainzwithmainz #squatWOD

Dropped in @crossfitattain for Olympic Lifting Session with Vbomb (aka world class). A rest day turned out to be a PR day. #outlawnorth #155lbs #olympiclifts #crossfit #depth #strengthvstechnique #LockItUp

First Wod with Bar muscle ups and hit 3rm of 135lbs Power Snatch #Rx #outlawnorth #coachable #strengthvstechnique #crossfit #open2015

Most Popular Instagram Hashtags