Interesting Facts About Famous Artists You May Not Know
Dear followers, like 👍 our posts and tell us which kind of post you like!
Help us to make you more in love 😍 with art!
1. #marcelduchamp created art from everyday objects. He made about twenty of these pieces; but, by far the most famous example is a work called #Fountain , which is nothing more than a urinal he purchased. When it came time to display his creation at an art show, the board in charge of the #exhibit chose to hide the display from view.
2. #edgardegas was so fascinated with #balletdancers that he became obsessed with representing them in his #art. It is estimated Degas made approximately 1500 #paintings , #pastels , #prints and #drawings of dancers.
3. #paulgauguin once worked on the Panama Canal.
4. Henri Matisse‘s work, Le Bateau, was put the right way up after hanging upside-down for 46 days without anyone noticing at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, America.
5. #pietmondrian often worked on paintings until his hands were blistered and he was in tears of frustration. It’s impossible to deny Mondrian’s influence on the world of art, but it is difficult to understand why straight lines and grids might have frustrated him so easily.
Photo1: Marcel Duchamp, Fountain,1917
Photo2: Edgar Degas, Dancers in Blue,1890
Photo3: Henri Matisse, Le Bateau, papercut, 1953
Photo4: Pit Mondrian, Composition with Large Red Plane, Yellow, Black, Gray, and Blue, 1921
#n2ngallery #myconciergeuae #nationgalleria #nationtowers #stregisabudhabi #corniche
#abudhabi #inabudhabi #simplyabudhabi #abudhabievents #dontmissit #artlovers #artcommunity #uaeart