One question I get asked a lot by women is how to develop their triceps. I find It’s not a very talked about muscle group these days because all the focus is on bootay and legs, which is all good but I thought I would share one of my favorite tricep targeting movements..
The diamond push up ♦️
I LOVE this exercise because it not only hits the triceps but also the delts, traps and the pecs (chest)
- Firstly get into a normal push up position, but this time place your hands in a diamond shape (Position your index fingers and thumbs so they just touch each other. This hand position forms a diamond shape)
- keep in mind the closer your hands are the harder it is so start with a gap between your hands - place your hands in the space between your chest and neck.
** if you are unable to do a normal push up then do assisted (otherwise known as a ladies push up, ie knees on the ground)**
- The important thing to focus on is keeping your core tight and not dropping your hips. - Keep your neck neutral (don’t look up or press your chin down into your chest)
The diamond push up is by far (for me at least) one of the hardest to do, so focus on pushing with your chest through your arms into the ground, use the base of your palms for stability.
The trick here is to get to a full extension at the top and squeeze your triceps, as you go down keep your elbows as tucked in to your body as possible, this tucked in action minimizes movement at the shoulder and thus less work in the chest. Turning them into secondary movers not primary.
- concentrate on a slow downward controlled movement as you inhale
- exhale as you push yourself back up to the starting position —————
Photos by @photo2fit
#flexfriday #fit #educateyourself #strong #hispic #muscle #curves #murves #redhead #strongbychoice #muscleissexy #flexit #friyay