#stormtracker

1862 posts

TOP POSTS

Shooting some opens for our hurricane special. #cltwx #WCNC #stormtracker

"Like" when you see it! 🐢 Photo: 11Alive Community #StormTracker Carol

Storm 1 of 3 arrived on Wednesday. Expect a break in the rain tomorrow and Saturday will be your best bet if you need to go out this weekend. #bayarea #soaked #stormtracker β˜”οΈπŸ’¦πŸŒ§

Such a beautiful shot of the WBRC First Alert Storm Tracker captured by @jmorey84! #WBRCandMe #WBRCWeatherTour #alwx #StormTracker ⚑️

Back on the #greenscreen getting ready to bring #ElPaso their forecast #KVIA #ABC7 #StormTracker

Stop by Barton's in Walnut Ridge today and say hello to @jlomet and see the new #Stormtracker! You have until 1:30! #kait8

Just finished this new Suburban for KCTV5 featuring @xd_series Monster 2 matte black wheels, @toyotires Open Country AT2 tires, @nfabinc gloss black step bars, @roughcountry 3.5" suspensions lift and KC Trends premium window tint. #kctrends #suburban #stormtracker #kansascity

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't car sick πŸš™β›ˆπŸ˜·Photo Credit: @kyledenniswx #stormtracker #jesustakethewheel

The latest on our wild weather coming up @abc7la @abc7christina #snow #hail #rain #stormtracker

MOST RECENT

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a Libra that I notice this stuff or because I'm cloud-obsessed. Some confusion going on in Mother Nature's head, I think. At least I'm in sync with the Universe. πŸ™ƒ β€”My element is Air. My symbol is a scale = generally, always in at least a minor state of internal conflict. β™ŽοΈ These were taken in the same location at the same time!
#clouds #bluesky #stormtracker #libra #taketheweatherwithyou #findthebalance #mothernature #openminded #seebothsides #memorialdayweekend #mindfulness #innerpeace #metaphors #yinyang

Meowmie having a chat to reassure us during yesterday's storm now that was one windy day meow to no body hurt and only some clean up to be taken care of for the families at @oasisgrove #rvlots #alberta #mothernature #persian #springerspaniel #shitzu the comfort of family #catsofinstagram #cat #dog #dogsofinstagram #stormtrooper #stormtracker

Riding out the storm wow Mother Nature showed us who was in charge yesterday I'm not gonna lie those winds were pretty scary at times I'm so thankful for the comfort of meowmie words and arms #my #medicine #stormtracker #ridingoutthestorm calling the #captainmariciano he will understand meow #catsofinstagram #persian #persiancat #persiancatsofinstagram

One thing I always ensure I do as a registered storm spotter is log my chases. The Spotter Network allows us to constantly log our GPS coordinates, which is vital in providing accurate reports anyway, but I also make sure I have a constant record of radar reflectivity, velocity, etc. I can reference when performing post chase analysis. The posted image is a radar velocity screenshot via Radarscope from the Wheeler, OK tornado I intercepted earlier this month (along with my own illustrations, of course). This has been habitually integrated into my spotting routine for years now and it is an excellent way of receiving valuable feedback. I am always able to evaluate what I did right, what I did wrong, and what other variables played any sort of role in either the success or failure of any given chase.

The Chaos Theory plays such a prominent role in meteorology so I would strongly encourage any of my fellow storm spotters that are serious about the science to do the same.

#weather #radar #spotter #SpotterNetwork #Radarscope #meteorology #science #nerd #nature #storm #tornado #chase #stormchaser #stormspotter #stormtracker #thunderstorms #wx

NOAA announced the 2017 Hurricane Season predictions. The outlook calls for a 40% chance of an above-normal season, a 40% chance of a near-normal season, and a 20% chance of below-normal season, with 5-8 tropical cyclones expected to affect the Central Pacific. 🌧 Hurricane Season is June 1 through November 30

Below severe limits, but strong storm none the less. The storm did appear to rotate a tad on radar. I tried to get a video but the church end up blocking the low clouds a couple minutes after this photo was taken as the storm moved NE towards Fairfield/Bloomfield, KY. My house missed out on the precipitation as usual. 🌩

May 24, 2017.
#kywx #mylove #storms #thunderstorms #severeweather #stormyweather #stormyskies #stormysky #stormy #stormclouds #cloudyskies #shelfcloud #gustfront #cumulusclouds #badweather #stormtracker #stormchaser #weather #stormchasing #stormlover #darkskies #nikon #cloudporn #cloudlovers #scud #mothernature #naturephotography

We love meeting our viewers, especially the youngsters! ❀️ .
.
This young man's mom writes: "My son has like 5 more members and he will have pics with all of you! Thanks guys for taking a quick moment for a pic. He wants to be a meteorologist and work for Action News Jax when he gets older. He wants to work with the chief!"

I'm glad it's finally raining here but also glad it waited till I was off the top of the tower. #stormtracker #jj #jamesjimmyjackson #jacksonville #florida #🌫 #πŸ‘€ #boa

@crypyra and I got some amazing shots of some storm clouds last night!! Our Creator God is quite an artist!! These photos are completely unedited.

#Louisana has some spectacular #weather β›ˆ this is a small piece of the #spiderweb #lightning approaching us. #stormtracker #stormtrooper #mothernature #RILKalani

Every now and again, I burn the candle at both ends. Been up since 6:30am Friday. It's 4am Saturday. My alarm goes off at 6am so I can run the @fitfoodierun in #RoundRock with Team @cbsaustin πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ#LifeOfAMeteorologist #WeatherFirst #StormTracker #ThanksMotherNature #TeamNoSleep #WishMeLuck #HappyWeekend #GoodTimes #SoldierOn (But seriously, as.a weather geek, it's been a fascinating night watching the evolution of these storms!)

Most Popular Instagram Hashtags