So, to the present: this week and next I am heavy on reading -hopefully two books per day- prepping for my exam. The nice thing about reading is that I take my book and can do it anywhere. What this means is that this has, literally, been the first chance for me to get to one item, in particular, on my To Do List. That is, sit around to get an X-Ray requisition and then have an X-Ray completed. And, I did both of that this morning and afternoon.
Good news: I read The Social Anthropology of Complex Society (book one of two today) during my waiting. Unexpected news: my thumb is fractured. Weird news:
I am now waiting to see a plastic surgeon to restructure my hand. I suffered a fracture of my thumb during the fall, one month ago today, in Andorra. However, my ulnar collateral ligament was also damaged, which itself tore off a portion of bone. So, news to share is I'm probably looking at another surgical make-over! It's been a few years...🙃.
Some odd things I noticed about myself:
1. I've been playing guitar most everyday since I've been back. Holding the neck of the guitar has been a bit tough.
2. I failed to successfully open a jar of pickles a couple weeks ago, which was actually a bit of a quiet blow to my ego.
3. I've been out climbing three times since I've been back a month ago. Each time, I felt like a bit of a pansy because I was struggling to hold on on mid 5.11 routes.
4. One of the first things I thought when I heard potential surgery is that, since I fight left-handed, I'll have to hold off on getting into any fistfights for some time. Weird 🤔.
5. I'll have a pretty baller comprehensive patient career of my own to draw from by the time I finally get out of medical school!
6. And, I haven't taken any analgesic. .
Anywho, all good!
No bad days. Just funny days. Comments?? 🙌😜
#getafterit #stoked #stokedandbroke