First day on respiratory ward today, I thought I would share a few of my hospital necessities:
1. @3mlittmann stethoscope obvs. I forgot my stethoscope on the first day of GP placement one time and the doctors reaction... lol lets just say I won't be forgetting my stethoscope ever again.
2. This thermos is honestly the holy grail of all coffee holders. I can be quite the klutz and have dropped it countless times. It keeps your coffee warm foreverrrr and is incredibly spill proof!
3. My @thebodyshop handcream in mango 🍊. Using hand sanitiser every time you enter and exit a ward can leave your hands Sahara desert dry 🐫 so keep your skin hydrated. You can also put some on the tip of your nose to mask undesirable smells (that tip isn't for hospital, but for life).
4. @soapandglory hand sanitiser. There's plenty of sanitiser on wards but I keep this with me for general use, also it looks really cute and that's always a plus 💁🏽
5. Black pens and Oxford handbook. This pretty much goes without saying, documents need to be written in black pen and I personally just like having the Oxford handbook in case I need to refer to something quickly. •
I had no idea what to bring on my first day of clinical placement so I hope this helps someone 😊