The inMotion team would like to congratulate everyone that participated in the 40th Manitoba Marathon!!! A few tips for a quicker recovery:
1. Hydrate! Running means sweating, and sweating means losing fluids. Hydrating is a crucial component of any physical activity, especially if you want to avoid muscle cramps, extreme fatigue and dizziness or fainting
2. Refuel! A solid post-run meal or snack will provide your muscles with much-needed nutrients to repair any damage that occurred during your run. Namely complex carbohydrates plus protein to help repair and rebuild muscles
3. Stretch! The ideal time to stretch it is after a run, while muscles are warm and pliable.
4. Ice bath! This is an efficient way to reduce inflammation and soreness throughout the entire body. Not a fan of the ice bath? Another option is to use ice packs on areas that are most prone to getting sore, such as your quads and knees.
5. Treat Yourself! Rewarding yourself will help you relax and works wonders for motivation. Whether it’s a chocolate bar, specialty beverage or something else. Well done, you deserve it! #postrunrecovery #manitobamarathon #stayinmotion #injuryfreerunning #hydrateyourself #stretching #rewardyourself #marathonrecovery