Sri Lanka style Chilli Crab 🦀 curry. #srilankancuisine #srilankancrabcurry #srilankanfood #srilankancrab #srilankanfoodblogger #foodblogger #srilankanreceipe #srilankanfoodie #srilankanfood When you comes from a tropical island like Sri Lanka and miss seafood.This is a wonderful Dish to pamper your palate.
Things you need. *2-3lbs of crab (about 3-4 large crabs)
* 1 medium onion chopped
* 1-2 green chilies sliced * 2-3 pandan leaves and curry leaves * 4-5 Murunga leaves (Drumstick leaves)
* 1Tbs finely minced or grated garlic and ginger * Piece of Goraka (Gamboge)
* 1tsp fenugreek seeds
* 1 inch stick of cinnamon
* Juice of 1/2 a lemon
* 1-2Tbs red chili powder,1Tbs curry powder,1Tbs roasted curry powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder(or more to taste)
* Salt and black pepper * 3-4 for cups of water or as needed
* 1 cup coconut milk
1. First rinse crab well to wash off sand and dirt. 2. Now season them with lime,Salt,pepper and goraka and keep for 20 minutes to absorb the flavor. 3.Then into a large pot add 2Tbs of coconut oil and set the pan to medium heat now add onion, chilies, curry leaves, pandan leaves, garlic ginger paste fenugreek seeds, cinnamon stick and let it sauté for 2-3mins then add red chili powder, curry powder and turmeric powder stir until you get the roasted smell.
4.Add the cleaned crab pieces and about 3-4 cups water or just enough to slightly cover the crab so it can boil. Simmer on medium for 20-25 minutes.
5.Add one cup of coconut milk and Murunga leaves Simmer for another minute. Add roasted curry powder.Taste for salt and seasoning Adjust as needed. Serve hot with rice ,Coconut Roti,String hoppers or even better with bread 🍞