#tbt to the historic Glover Field in Peaceful Valley.
In 1912, the city of Spokane purchased land in Peaceful Valley and built a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 spectators to host local high school football games and track meets. As high schools began purchasing their own stadiums, Glover Field's uses became limited. In 1937, the bleachers were dismantled.
Today the field is used for outdoor activities and to ogle at the Monroe St. Bridge. As recently as this last July, the Park Board voted unanimously to rename Glover Field to "Redband Park" as a tribute to the native trout species that spawn adjacent to the park. The park is currently undergoing major renovations to make it a more appealing destination, with a boat launch being built to improve access to the river for non-motor boats such as rafts, canoes and kayaks. #myspokanecounty