Quinoa Curry Burger: This quinoa curry burger really hits the spot. The spices give the burger a lovely warmth, while the quinoa and black beans pack in lots of protein and fiber. We hope you enjoy! This recipe makes 4 burgers:
1/2 cup raw quinoa
2 cups black beans
1 red onion diced
Handful cilantro finely chopped
2 red chilies finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
4 garlic cloves grated
large thumb of ginger grated
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
1. Add 1 cup of water to the quinoa and simmer in a small pan for 15 minutes, or until soft and no water remains.
2. Meanwhile, drain, rinse, and dry the black beans. Then transfer to a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until most of the beans have broken down, leaving some whole ones.
3. Add the red onion, cilantro, chilies and salt to the mixing bowl.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin and curry powder for a couple of minutes. Then transfer to the mixing bowl.
5. Use your hands to combine everything in the mixing bowl. Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a burger. Repeat for the remaining 3 burgers.
6. Chill the burgers in a fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 6 minutes on each side.
8. Serve with layers of lettuce, tomato, vegan burger sauce, and slices of gherkin.
#SoVegan #BurgerRecipe #SpicyFood #VeganRecipes #Burger #Vegansofinstagram #Vegansofig #GoVegan #yummy #nomnom