This #Oil-Free #Sambal #Stir Fry from Frances McCormack serves two generous portions, but would stretch to four with more #noodles.
300g #tempeh (approx.)
1 head of #broccoli, in florets
2 pak choi, chopped; stems and leaves separated
1 red #pepper, finely diced
3 tbsp #soy sauce
2 tbsp rice #vinegar
1 tbsp #maple syrup
1 heaped tbsp suitable-for-vegans sambal #oelek paste
1 heaped tbsp suitable-for-vegans #garlic #ginger paste
1 tbsp #lime juice
1 tbsp #cornflour
1 tbsp #sesame seeds
#Soba noodles, to serve
1. Steam the tempeh for about 12 minutes to remove the bitter flavour. Place the broccoli in another steamer basket on top and steam for 3 minutes more. When cooked, plunge broccoli into a bowl of cold water to stop it cooking. Drain as soon as it's cool.
2. Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, pastes, lime juice, and cornflour, and set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Cube the tempeh, and add to the frying pan, and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden on each side (about 8 minutes). Set aside and keep warm.
4. Add the broccoli and pak choi stems to the frying pan, along with a splash or two of water or vegetable broth. Cook for about 4 minutes, until the broccoli starts to soften. Add the pak choi leaves, red pepper, and tempeh, until pak choi is wilted (about 2 minutes). 5. Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions.
6. Add the sauce to the vegetables and tempeh, and allow the sauce to reduce and thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
7. Serve the rice noodles with the vegetables and sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
#vegan #vegansofig #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veganism #vegansofinstagram #stirfry #oilfree