Hey everyone, here is another sous vide recipe that is super simple, and absolutely delicious. This is my queso fresco that I will be using later this week to make choriqueso.
1 gallon whole milk (it has to be whole)
1 cup white vinegar
Melted butter to taste
Salt to taste
Sous Vide device
2 containers, 1 for milk, and 1 larger one for water that will be heated using the sous vide
1. Pour milk into smaller container and place inside larger one. Fill larger container with hot water until it is level with the milk. If you add to much water the container with the milk will want to float.
2. Place sous vide in water and set to 175°F. Cover milk container with plastic wrap and let sit until temperature is reached.
3. When temperature is reached remove milk container and plastic wrap. Add vinegar and stirring with a fork. The hot milk will immediately start to separate.
4. Once fully separated, pour thru cheesecloth lined strainer. Squeeze off most of the liquid, but not so much that the cheese will be dry. (This just takes your best guess, it should be wet, but not dripping). 5. Place cheese in a mixing bowl and add butter and salt, stirring and tasting until desired taste is achieved.
6. Put cheese in mold, and place in refrigerator. Let sit for 24-48 hours.
7. Remove from mold and enjoy!!! #foodporn #food #cheese #sousvide #queso #quesofresco #recipes