Teaching our children Mindfulness 🙏 allows our kids to tune into their feelings and thoughts. Here are 5 studied benefits to teaching our children this wonderful practice:
- Boost children's mood and self-esteem
- Encourage positive behaviour such as empathy and emotional control
- Aid academic learning and improve cognitive control
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and can improve mental health
- Reduced peer aggression and promote conflict resolution
Some simple ways you can incorporate this into your child's daily life are by: talking to them about being 'aware' of their surroundings and 'noticing' the sensations. Get the to stop and listen to the sounds that they can hear and describe them. When outside ask them to smell a flower or feel what the grass feels like under their feet.