Regram from @naturalbeautyactives101 💖💕 💖
Day 24 of the #soiaingchallenge hosted by @thesnailofitall
Theme: MUD ⚫️ Throughout history, Mud has been used to soothe and heal various skin conditions and ailments including burns, rashes and superficial wounds. It's well known for its ability to treat psoriasis and atopic dermatitis (some types more than others) and studies are ongoing.
* There are various types of mud found in different parts of the world. Their components, including which minerals and trace elements are found in a particular mud vary based on the location in which the mud was harvested, and reflect the plant life that once grew in that location.
* There are four major types of mud used in skincare and all offer therapeutic benefits including nourishing, Soothing, hormonally balancing and offering anti-inflammatory and healing benefits. Warm mud applied to skin can also provide pain relief for sore joints and muscles. * Dead Sea Mud, AKA "Dark Mud" is a dense dark mud found along the shores of the Dead Sea in Israel. It's high in Sulfur, Salt, Natural Tar, Silicon and Magnesium. It's currently being studied for its ability to heal skin conditions such as psoriasis.
* Volcanic Mud can be found anywhere there's ever been a volcano. All Volcanic mud contains Ash, but, as discussed earlier, the trace elements and minerals such as zinc, copper, selenium, iron and manganese, are contained in various levels depending upon the location in which the mud was harvested.
* Icelandic Silica Mud, AKA "White Mud" is especially known for its ability to soothe and heal irritated skin. It's been shown in studies to improve the function of our skin's natural barrier and to have anti-aging benefits. Silica, a large component of this mud, is essential in the healthy formation of Collagen. Also, Icelandic Silica Mud contains important bioactive molecules from micro algae which appears (according to scientific research) to be what gives mud its major healing abilities. It's been shown to effectively treat both psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis.
* Moor Mud, usually dark in color, is harvested in and popularly used in Europe. 💖💕 💖 #Beauti_Review #skincare #beauty