I was at @wholefoods and saw that they had already cleaned soft shell crabs. (For the record - if they weren't cleaned, I'd have to 'cut off the face' myself 😭😩) I love crab so couldn't resist experimenting with them!
🦀 FRIED SOFT SHELL CRAB
* 10 min prep time || 10 min cook time
Yields 2 Servings
* 2 cleaned soft shell crabs
* 1 cup flour
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning (or desired spices)
* 1 egg
* Vegetable oil
* Wash crab under cold water. Dry on paper towel.
* In a bowl, whisk together flour, black pepper, salt, Old Bay seasoning.
* In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
* In a shallow pan, heat up oil on medium heat (about half an inch of liquid).
* Dip crab into flour, the egg, then back into the flour (evenly coating the crab). Carefully add to hot oil. Fry each side for about 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove and dry on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
* Serve with lemon, spicy mayo or other sauces, if desired.