Sleep. It's such an amazing thing. Have you ever stopped to think about it? 😴 >>>Here are 5 NEED TO KNOW facts about sleep.<<<
1. Quality sleep engages our bodies restorative systems including cellular growth, muscle/organ repair, detoxification, memory consolidation, skin regeneration and much more.
2. Adults need a minimum of 7 hours of quality sleep for optimum health.
3. Less than 7 hours (or sleep that is disturbed repeatedly) sets you at risk for health issues. Short term issues include slow metabolism/weight gain, depression, anxiety, decreased short term memory, poor cognitive function, decreased immune function, increased stress, increased appetite. Long term issues include high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, obesity and more.
4. Insomniacs are 10x more likely to develop depression and 17x more likely to have significant anxiety.
5. Your gut effects your sleep in a *BIG* way!
>>>How does your gut effect sleep?<<<
1. Over 80% of your sleep hormones are produced in your gut. An unbalanced gut can equal suppressed sleep-inducing hormones. Que insomnia. 🙁
2. The reverse is also true. Hormones that give us energy and wakefulness (which should be lowest between 10 pm & 8 am) can be elevated during the night in those with an imbalance gut.
3. Studies show that gut bacteria either increase or decrease these hormone levels (depending on good-to-bad bacteria ratio).
4. The vagus nerve is the thick "super highway" that runs from your brain to your gut. 90% of the neural fibers in the vagus nerve run from gut to brain and only 10% from brain to gut. Our gut clearly has a LOT to say to our brain!
>>>How did I go from an exhausted, poor quality sleeper (waking up frequently, walking and talking in sleep regularly, having crazy vivid dreams constantly) to sleeping like a rock every night without fail?<<<
1. Making sleep a priority. Changing the way I think about the importance of sleep for my health.
2. Taking some beloved supplements that improve my gut health in a MAJOR way. >>If you are a struggling sleeper, we NEED to chat. I have something that you need and will be so thankful for!<<