The gut and the skin ✨ If you have a skin care question, DM me now!
Oh my, I could go on for days about this topic!
What we see happening on the surface of the skin can be a direct reflection of what is happening in our gut! Anything from food intolerances, absorption issues to overgrowth of bad bacteria can wreak havoc not only on our skin but our other vital organs and functions. Adding foods that contain sugar, dairy and gluten to an already stressed system can inflame the issue even more exacerbating conditions such as acne, eczema and rosacea.
Throw stress into the mix and we have the perfect cocktail for unhappy gut, hormones and skin. When we are stressed blood is diverted away from our digestive system not allowing it to do what it needs, digesting our food, keeping the essential minerals and vitamins and flushing out anything out anything we don’t require.
Things you can do right now to help support your gut:
- cut out processed foods
- start the day with a warm glass of water with lemon
- reduce or cut out dairy, sugar, gluten and alcohol
- increase your water intake (2litres a day)
- chew your food slowly to start the digestive process
- introduce an essential fatty acid supplement
- consider doing a digestive cleanse and introducing a pre and probiotic.
Like I said I can go on for days about the gut, if there is a particular condition or function you want me to go more in depth with, DM me 🙌🏼
Image RG @evaczarnocka