Somethin about grilling food that screams deliciousness!!
For the Turkey Meatballs:
1 Pound ground Turkey meat
1/3 cup plain Panko crumbs or plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped STAR Reduced sodium pimento stuffed olives
2 Green Onions, cut into thin slices (trim the tops and ends and discard)
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1/4 chopped fresh Parsley
1 Tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 large egg, beaten
For the Skewers:
8 - 10 Bamboo skewers
Green, Red and Orange pepper cut into 1 inch squares.
1. Heat a grill to medium high
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Turkey meat, bread crumbs, feta, olives, green onions, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and egg; mix well to combine.
3. With moistened hands, shape mixture into 16 meatballs, about 2 inches in diameter.
4. Thread the meatballs and peppers alternatively onto skewers.
5. Lightly oil the grates of the grill.
6. Place the meatball skewers on the grill and cook for 12 - 15 minutes, rotating about every 3 minutes to cook evenly. Meatballs should be just cooked through but not over cooked.
7. Serve warm with garlic yogurt sauce.