La Sagrada Familia
1) Under Construction for more than a century (135 years as of today). 2) In 2010, Pope Benedict XVI declared it a basilica.
3) Its architect director was Antoni Gaudí who died June 7. 1926.
4) It is estimated to be completed in 2026, 100 years anniversary death of Antoni Gaudí.
5) There will be 18 towers in total and each has its own representation; 12 apostles, 4 evangelists, Virgin Mother Mary and the biggest tower will be Jesus Christ.
6) When La Sagrada Familia is completed, it will be tallest religious building in all of Europe. Its central tower will be 170m.
7) There are 3 facades in Sagrada Familia. Each of these depicts the three virtues of hope, faith and love.
8) The basilica is one of the UNESCO heritage sites within Barcelona.
#SagradaFamilia #barcelona #spain #antonigaudí #basilica #kungfukick #8facts #signiturepose