[PR] Gain and Get More Likes and Followers on Instagram.

#sightsofsites

66 posts

TOP POSTS

In the last financial year, 218,365 trees were planted on 115ha of our land. 80% were coniferous species including Norway spruce and Scots pine, which give cover for training and can be used commercially. The remaining 20% is of mixed broadleaf species like oak, rowan and alder. This biodiversity makes the woodlands more resistant to pests and disease.

This week's blog is about how we provide housing at the British Army Training Unit Kenya, or BATUK for short. https://insidedio.blog.gov.uk/2017/08/29/managing-housing-in-kenya/

MOST RECENT

THEN: Royal Artillery 25-pdr field guns during a practise shoot on Salisbury Plain, March 1940 (© IWM 1076)(#throwbackthursday
. . .

#royalartillery #ra #salisburyplain #spta #artillery #guns #munitions #britisharmy #wiltshire #training #army #mod #ministryofdefence #dio #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #sightsofsites

Yesterday saw the ribbon cutting to open the new Glenart Castle Mess in Birmingham. The accommodation is for medics working at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM) at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. It was opened by Col Katherine Richardson, Commanding Officer of the RCDM.
.
.
.
#rcdm #royalcentrefordefencemedicine #military #medics #jfc #jointforcescommand #birmingham #dio #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #sightsofsites #mod #ministryofdefence

A lesson in marksmanship for the South American trainees at the RN establishment at Devonport. © IWM (A 13251) #throwbackthursday .
.
.
#mod #ministryofdefence #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #sightsofsites #hmnbdevonport #devonport #plymouth #devon #history #historical #royalnavy #navalbase #recruits #trainees #cadets

Life on Mars, by SAC Will Drummee, RAF Honington

Gunners from 15 Squadron RAF Regiment advance across Dartmoor Training Area during a section attack, using light provided by orange parachute flares. Assault troops, supported by mortar and heavy weapons teams, worked together to defeat the enemy. This shot is one of the nominated photographs in the 2017 @royalairforceuk Photographic Competition, in the People's Choice category.

You can vote here: https://www.raf.mod.uk/photo-of-the-year-2017/
.
.
.
#raf #royalairforce #dartmoor #military #rafregiment #sightsofsites #militarytraining #dio #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #mod #ministryofdefence

A train of eighteen 250lb HE bombs is prepared for loading into a Vickers Wellington III of No 419 Squadron, Royal Air Force at RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk during the Second World War. © IWM (TR 106) #throwbackthursday .
.
.
#royalairforce #rafmildenhall #mildenhall #suffolk #bomber #bombs #aircraft #plane #vickers #wellington #vickerswellington #sightsofsites #dio #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #runway #munitions #history #ww2 #secondworldwar #worldwartwo #worldwar2 #suffolk #419squadron

There's a lot of history on the training estate - here's a memorial to a slain highwayman on Salisbury Plain Training Area. The engraving reads: "This monument is erected to record the awful end of BENJAMIN COLCLOUGH a Highway Robber who fell Dead on this Spot in attempting to escape his Pursuers after Robbing M. Dean of Imber in the Evening of Oct 21st 1839, and was buried at Chitterne without Funeral Rites.
The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them. Prov. 21, 7.
His three companions in Iniquity, Thomas Saunders, George Waters, & Richard Harris were captured, & sentenced at the ensuing Quarter Sessions at Devizes to Transportation for the Term of Fifteen Years. Though hand join in hand the wicked shall not be unpunished. Prov 11, 21."
.
.
.
#crime #realcrime #memorial #monument #salisburyain #spta #highwayman #sightsofsites #dio #defenceinfrastructureorganisation #mod #ministryofdefence #robbery #behindthescenes #bts

This week's blog is about how we provide housing at the British Army Training Unit Kenya, or BATUK for short. https://insidedio.blog.gov.uk/2017/08/29/managing-housing-in-kenya/

Some of the targets at Pembrey Sands Air Weapons Range.

While working to construct the Defence College of Logistics, Policing and Administration for us, Skanska have reused demolition waste where they can, saving it from landfill.

An RAF Sentinel operating from RAF Station Akrotiri in Cyprus on Operation Shader. DIO finished resurfacing the runway earlier this year.

THEN: A general view of the new blocks at Alexandra barracks at Dhekelia, Cyprus, 1963. © IWM (TR 18859B)
NOW: A new roof being installed on the Sergeants' Mess at Dhekelia last year. #throwbackthursday

In the last financial year, 218,365 trees were planted on 115ha of our land. 80% were coniferous species including Norway spruce and Scots pine, which give cover for training and can be used commercially. The remaining 20% is of mixed broadleaf species like oak, rowan and alder. This biodiversity makes the woodlands more resistant to pests and disease.

#DidYouKnow that by the end of today, on just 10 of our sites, we'll have served 8,500 meals to members of our Armed Forces? #DIOdelivers

We were delighted to welcome HRH The Prince of Wales to Okehampton Camp, Dartmoor Training Area, last week. The Prince's visit was to learn more about how DIO and the Duchy of Cornwall work together to encourage conservation on Dartmoor.

RAF Valley is a vital fast jet training facility for @royalairforceuk. Pilots train there to fly Hawk jets - the same as the Red Arrows - before moving elsewhere to learn to fly either a Tornado, a Typhoon or, in due course, an F-35B. We've nearly finished resurfacing the main runway, which will give it an extra 25 years of life.

NOW: Their modern counterparts firing an AS90, also on Salisbury Plain. #flashbackfriday

Most Popular Instagram Hashtags