So I pulled a card from the Osho Tarot this morning, and it was "The Burden". It speaks about the ideas of "should and should not" we carry around with us. In other words, the burdens we put on our own shoulders.
For me some of those are, "I should work hard and take responsibility for myself, I must not be a burden on others, I should always do a good job, give my best and strive for progress and success, I should achieve things on my own merits with little help, I must not waste time, I should make better use of my resources, I should fulfill all my commitments and not neglect any obligations, I should never let anybody down and always be helpful and generous, I should be grateful and happy, and if I am not I should work on my attitude and get back to that state ...' etc.
Jesus, that's exhausting just to write down! And that's without the "shoulds" regarding my food, health, exercise and lifestyle habits.
What should and should nots do you carry around? Would you like to unload a few of those? Please feel welcome to create a new affirmation in the comments below. I'll start with, "I should be silly more often"!
Here are my new "shoulds" to be established during my three week holiday:
- I should stare out to the horizon for several hours a day
- I should take it easy
- I should take naps in my hammock
- I should change my mind more often and disregard the idea of "obligations" and plans
- I should only do something if I really feel like it
- I should stop doing things if they seem like too much effort
- I should do things to please myself and not others
- I should be rested and nourished
- I should "waste" time
- I should play, dance and laugh every day
But none of that is a must. I might change my mind and just do nothing.
Sending effortless love from under a shady tree on a quiet beach 💜
#osho #should #shouldnot #newhabits #holiday #reset #downtime #chillax #unburdenyourself