I'm doing the Plucky Maidens Fest this July 21! I've heard it's the Best- Come check it out! I was asked to list "10 Plucky Things About Me" sooooo here goes-
Moana of Saint Gemma Vintage
1. I grew up in a big, crazy family with eight brothers and sisters- we all are treasure seekers, have "thrifted-only" Christmases, and have a big family Luau every summer. My Chicken Long Rice is on point.
2. I've bartended in Alaska, sold leather jackets in Italy, taught English in Hawaii, waited tables on the boardwalk in SoCal, and Always, Always thrifted.
3. Things that catch my eye: cute, kitschy, cool, quirky, mid-century, boho, mod, punk, iconic, nostalgic.
4. Orange and turquoise call my name.
5. Butterflies, owls, gnomes, unicorns, eagles, panthers, corgis, kittens and seagulls find me.
6. Seas and oceans and lakes and rivers make me happy. So does pictures and paintings of these things.
7. I like coffee cups with random peoples' names on them. If I could have a dozen old random coffee cups from Beatrice, Margaret, Henry, Veronica, Joseph, Ray, Esther, Betty, Stu, Evelyn, William, and Frank on them, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Who ya' drinking from today?
8. I love almost all music- Johnny Cash, the Smiths, Lionel Richie, Whitney, Stevie, the Descendents, old gospel, 70's acoustic folk, 80's new wave, 90's R&B, rap, punk, power ballads... but I almost exclusively listen to Dionne Warwick while cleaning the house (try it, you'll like it). 9. I have 3 little kids, an old lady dog, and a firefighter husband who also plays in a punk band. I'm lucky they love me and my plucky ways.
10. The best thing about starting this adventure is finding amazing, cool vintage pieces and connecting them with amazing, cool vintage-loving people.