10 THINGS I WISH I KNEW WHEN I STARTED.
1. What works for others will not always work for you. This applies to training + diet.
2. Rest can be just as important as training if not more important.
3. Depriving yourself of foods/calories is not necessarily going to help you reach your goals. Carbs are your friends.
4. You have to make sacrifices. I use to watch 15± hours of TV a week. This has almost entirely been replaced with training, rehab and stretching.
5. Gaining weight isn't necessarily a bad thing because muscle is denser than fat.
6. Take the time to focus on your form instead of racking up the weight.
7. Listen to your body. Stop if it hurts, modify if you need to, rest if you need to, eat if you need to.
8. If you are dreading what you're doing, find something else. There are many ways to be active and they don't all have to happen in a gym.
9. Know the difference between listening to your body and making excuses.
10. Prioritize your mental health. Rest, meditate, cry, sleep, run, see your friends, eat pizza, LIVE and remember that every day you do your best you work towards being the best, happiest and healthier version of yourself.
Happy Sunday my loves! #girlswhoworkout #strongissexy #girlswithmuscles #girlswholift #girlswhoworkout #armsday