Eid is all about Kemami(dry)sewayi and #sheerkhurma
Whatever part of India you are in, you will get this delicacy on the day of Eid.
I will not say that it is easy to prepare but yes with each passing year you get nearer to the perfection! I have been making it for the last 3 or 4 years but can't even get a bit closer to what my Mum makes!
Being from #kanpur, my taste buds are extraordinarily improved 😀and people around me always have high hopes from me in terms of food 😜
I am writing the recipe for 1 kg sewayi. Accordingly you can alter the measurements.
1.Make sure you take correct ratio if sewayi and sugar otherwise disasters do happen 😧
2. The amount of sugar taken is the double the amount of sewayi. Like for a kg sewayi, you should take 2 kgs of sugar. This will give extreme sweetness. I personally take 1.5 kg sugar for 1 kg sewayi as I don't have a sweet tooth.
Method : (for 1 kg sewayi)
1. Take generous amounts of desi ghee and add around 4 green cardamoms and 3 cloves. Add finely crushed sewayi and roast it perfectly to a beautiful golden texture.
In India we get very fine quality of sewayi very easily but here I could not get that much good quality!
2. For chashni, which is called Kemam hence the name Kemami sewayi, take 2 cups of water in an utensil and add 1.5(or 2kgs)kg of sugar. When the sugar melts, add lot of khoya and dry fruits, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios (whole or crushed, I used thickly powdered) raisins as whole and very little bit of dried and grated coconut(i never use this). 3. Please make sure you don't cook chashni for more than 15 minutes otherwise your sewayi will harden. Chashni should not be very thick.
4. Add chashni to the roasted sewayi. Mix it well and then put it on dum(cover with lid, put the flame of the burner on the lowest and put something heavy on the lid of the utensil) but do check in between so that your sewayi is not burnt.
5. If your sewayi hardens, then add 2 cups of milk and again put it on dum.
Garnish it with lots of khoya and dry fruits. And enjoy 😋😊
#foodblogger #foodporn #kanpurfoodies