Happy Tuesday lil moon beams!!! 💫
With this next season that’s coming up the times can be fun, nostalgic, heartwarming but can also be uncomfortable, tiring and sad for some.
Here’s some tips in case you find yourself in struggling moments! Remember you are not alone and this community has your back in case you need anything! 🙌💕
1. Globally, over 300 million people suffer from depression (see! Let that sink in! 300 MILLION of us here. You’re not alone ❤️)
2. Signs of depression include: irritability, anger management issues, loss of interest in favourite activities, debilitating fatigue, sleeping too little or too much, thoughts of impending doom and the list goes on!
3. Depression doesn’t have 1 main cause! Causes range from hormones, genetics, brain chemistry, abuse, depression can be a symptom of ANOTHER disorder, alcohol / drug abuse and the list goes on!
4. The follow are some BASIC actions that you can do to personally help yourself out if you find yourself in depressive times: making sure to drink water, get sunlight (especially in darker areas!), taking medication that you’ve been prescribed, communicating about your thoughts and feelings so you don’t get trapped inside your head, taking showers and brushing your teeth (general hygiene boosts self esteem ❤️), exercise burns cortisol and raises endorphins but of course if that stresses you out then maybe just make a playlist for yourself and take a walk somewhere pretty, if you’re getting too little sleep try to investigate what you believe will work best to combat that, if you’re getting too much sleep also investigate as to how to combat that!
5. Here is NAMI’s hotline, please please please never be afraid to use and consider yourself strong for reaching out for help! 1-800-950-NAMI 💪💥
Last but not least!!!!!!
You are not alone!!!!!
These times can suck but they do not last forever and we will keep trying to make sure to let you know that you’re dope, your strong and your valuable no matter where you’re at in your journey.
#mentalhealth #mentalhealthmatters #endthestigma #TALKABOUTIT #wegotthis