Hi, it's me. I have been struggling lately....a lot. One thing that took me a long time to figure out is that you don't have to have days that are 100% good or days that are 100% bad. You can feel down and still actively work to empower yourself and end it having a day that may not feel 💯, but still isn't a 0. Here's what I do when I am hurting or feeling out of control:
1. Pray- bc I believe God is bigger than my problems and for me, that's where I always start. No matter what religion/faith/walk of life you practice, believing in something bigger than yourself can really help put everything into perspective.
2. Make a list of 10 things that make me feel empowered. Examples: get a car wash (lol), paint my nails, write a thank you card, vacuum (lol again), workout. And then I do the list.
3. Listen intently to my body. Some days when I'm feeling down, I'll go to the gym and feel weak and not wanting to have a heavy legs day. So- I listen. And I'll maybe do a long walk on the treadmill and then a light full body day. I listen to what I need to support what I'm feeling.
4. Talk about it/journal about it. Honestly this is probably the hardest step for me because my super power is probably keeping face and acting like every things great when I'm hurting. And so actually like texting someone or talking to someone and being like "man, I'm having a tough day today." Or just write it. It helps. F'real.
5. Set myself up for a better day tomorrow. Prep a lunch, lay out my clothes & get a good nights sleep. It's easy to have multiple "bad days" in a row and spiral towards that negativity, so let yourself feel what you're feeling but do your best to get tomorrow ready to be great.
6. Affirmations, fam. I am a huge believer, in them. Spend ONE minute reminding yourself who you are and dwelling in truth.
7. Listen to an empowering playlist, podcast or read an uplifting book.
8. Give love. Be kind to someone. Smile at a stranger. Donate to a good cause. Fill your heart up by giving.
9. Find gratitude in the tough days & rejoice in the fact that it's okay to be not okay. And that it will, someday, all be okay. 🌻 ❤️