Today, I was with friends and colleague, attending 'The Art of Science Communication' by Dr. Stuart Kohlhagen. He was with Questacon - Australia's National Science & Technology Centre for 35 years!
I just came in for the first half of the day due to meetings but I am a satisfied trainee.
Sharing here my biggest learnings:
1. Ask yourself what you want to achieve (before doing the show) and how you are going to get there.
2. Anchoring to a theme will help you to talk about it consistently throughout the show (like a train on a railway track)
3. Change the way we present (not as a source of knowledge).
4. Don't ask questions. Share with the audience your own questions. Create wonder!
5. Ask ourselves, if we are happy with our shows, how about everyone else?
Nothing new but good to be reminded!
#scienceshow #sciencedemonstration #sciencecommunication #educators