Our weekend was pretty special. We exhibited at the Penguin festival in Simons Town and in the morning got to witness this beautiful moment, releasing rehabilitated penguins back in to the wild ♥️🌍
@sanccob has become synonymous with saving the endangered African penguin and treats more than 1500 African penguins every year and an additional 1000 other seabirds of various species. Since its establishment in 1968, the organisation has treated nearly 100 000 African penguins and other seabirds.
We wish these #penguins a happy healthy life despite all the threats that they are facing.
Ways YOU can help👇🏼🐧
1. Report injured penguins to SANCCOB by calling 021 557 6155 or 078 638 3731 out of hours
2. Donate to SANCCOB or adopt a penguin (great gift idea)
3. Go plastic free! Start limiting the plastic that you buy
4.Fundraise for SANCCOB
5. Eat less fish and choose sustainable seafood
6. Every time you go for a walk on the beach aim to pick up some litter or join a beach clean event
7. Volunteer at SANCCOB
8. Talk to your friends and family to spread awareness of the threats to African penguins and how they can help too!