Whether we like it or not, Winter weather is upon us! Check out these tips to make sure your house and car are ready for the cold and the snow.
1. Clean out the gutters, disconnect and drain all outside hoses. If possible, shut off outside water valves.
2. Insulate walls and attics, and caulk and weather-strip doors and windows.
3. If you have a fireplace, keep the flue closed when you're not using it.
4. Top off antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid, gas, oil and other fluids in your car.
5. Keep a cold-weather kit in your trunk. It should include a blanket or sleeping bag, gloves, hard candy, bottled water, folding shovel, first aid kit, flashlight and cell phone charger.