If it’s so easy why is it so hard. “Prayer”
The Lord’s Prayer has been suggested to carry a specific structure that we are to follow in our prayers.
1. Proper way to address God
2. Acknowledge his sovereignty
3. Make a request
4. Confess and deliver me from sin.
BUT there is more involved than just following an outline for prayer.
Talking to God..be real!
Prayer and faith are tied together!
Faith = Trust
If you do not have trust in God, you will not be able to pray to that being you don’t trust.
Prayer is the key to heaven but faith unlocks the door. “The more specific you are in your prayer the more you will recognize God’s answering of your prayers.” When you pray....
1. Do I accept that God really cares about me?
2. Not sure what to say...speak what’s in your heart, be real and honest.
3. Listen, he probably is wishing to talk to you.
Tell God what you care about. No bluffing. Straight talk is welcomed. Be specific! Be real!! and then LISTEN.