Wintertime I normally develop a huge craving for fresh food - which is normally a sign that I need the Nutrients & Vitamins! It needs to be crispy, semi-unprocessed, crunchy and fabulous. But, cold food in Winter can be so difficult to enjoy. So, I often opt for a room temperature or even slightly warm vegetable salad as a side to a good steak, chicken or fish. This salad recipe must be one of our favourites from our caterings as well as cooking experiences: Tamatiestraat's Go-Go-Green Salad. Hope you enjoy it too!
🍅TAMATIESTRAAT'S GO-GO-GREEN SALAD 🍅
INGREDIENTS: - 300G BRUSSEL SPROUTS, ROASTED
- WATERCRESS & BABY SPINACH MIX
- TEDERSTEM BROCCOLI, STEAMED
- GREEN SPRING/SALAD ONIONS, THINLY SLICED
- ENDAMAME BEANSOR 80G HANDSHELLED PEAS
- MALDON SALT
- HERB & GARLIC BOURSIN CHEESE
- KALE, DEEP FRIED
- 1½ CUP FRYING OIL •
GO-GO GREEN HERB DRESSING
o 4T CHOPPED CORRIANDER
o 4T CHOPPED BASIL
o 1T CHOPPED THYME
o JUICE OF ½ LEMON (or more to taste)
o 1T DIJON MUSTARD
o 1 GARLIC CLOVE, MINCED
o ½ - 1 CUP OLIVE OIL •
1. Heat the oven to 220˚C.
2. Spread the Brussels Sprout halves on a roasting tray and sprinkle with Olive Oil and Maldon Salt.
3. Roast for 20-30 minutes until soft and slightly charred.
4. Prepare the Go-Go Herb Dressing by roughly chopping ingredients and mixing through.
5. Chop the Spring Onion and steam the tender stem broccoli and set aside
6. Heat frying Oil in a medium pan. Deep fry the Kale for 2-3 minutes per batch and let it drain on kitchen towel and sprinkle with Salt. (Take precautions for oil splatter!!!) 7. Layer salad and dress with the herb dressing and the sprinkle crispy kale on top. •
#wintersalad #vitamins #nutrients #freshfood #salad #gogogreensalad #Tamatiestraat #recipe #greensalad #roastedvegetables #broccoli #kale #brusselsprouts #boursincheese #endamame #f52grams #catering #cookingclasses #foodiesofinstagram #foodies #freshandfabulous #supersalad #greens #vegetarian #instagood