Rice flour - 1 cup
Besan/Gram flour - 1/2 cup
Pinch of Salt
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. First mix all the dry ingredients together. Rice flour, gram flour, salt, asafoetida powder, chilli powder, sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
2. Add butter and mix well. Then add water and knead to a thick batter. Let it sit 5 minutes
3. Heat oil for deep frying
4. Coat oil inside the murukku mould, then fill the dough.
5. Close and press the mould, so the dough falls on to the oil
Note: Be gentle and careful not to hurt yourself with the boiling oil
6. Remove the murukku when its hard and light brown in color.
#Murukku #Chakli #riceflour #butter #tasty #food #snacks #yummyfood #homecooking #frying #instafood #instagram