Credit to @reobeautystore : Costume jewelry is very beautiful and versatile. They add glam to your outfit and make you look stunning especially when they're new. With time they tend to corrode and tarnish with use. One question we get asked usually is ''hope it won't fade?'' And our usual reply is ''it depends on how much you take care of it'' Some customers feel dissatisfied with this reply and begin to distrust the quality of our jewelry. By all means, We sell very high quality jewelry but dear customer if you don't take care of it well, it has the tendency tarnish. Here's 5 things you're doing wrong that is causing your jewelry to tarnish:
1. You don't clean it after wear: The biggest cause of tarnish is moisture. After dancing to the beat at that owambe, you'll definitely have a bit of sweat or body moisture on the jewelry. Clean your costume jewelry with a soft fabric after each use.
2. You wear it too regularly: Space the use of your jewelry to avoid over exposure.
3. You apply creams and perfumes after wearing it: A rule of the thumb is: Let your costume jewelry be the last thing you wear before going out and the first thing you remove when undressing.
4. You don't have a good storage space: invest in a good jewelry box or simply arrange them on a jewelry tree/stand. You can also store them in the jewelry boxes that come with them. @oludidit has a lovely and affordable earring stand. You should check it out. You can also make one yourself if you have crafty fingers. Pinterest has a lot of ideas if you want to give it a try.
5. You store it while moist: never let liquid remain on your jewelry. You can clean it with wipes but always finish off with a soft cloth and make sure it is completely dry before storage.
We hope these tips help. Have you been making any if these mistakes? If yes, Let us know.. If you have tips on how you care for your own jewelry, please feel free to share in the comment section.. ♥ ♥ ♥
#reobeautystore #reojewelry #costumejewelry #earrings #bracelet #tiara #neckpiece #bride #nigerianbride #bridetobe #nigerianwedding #nigerianweddingvendor #forher #onlinestore #nigerianonlineretailstore #nigerianbridalstore #wedding #owambe