Announcement: The Glen @theglenshopping in Melbourne’s south east is undergoing a $460 million end-to-end transformation to create the ‘The New Glen’, a local lifestyle and community destination that will integrate retail, dining and entertainment. It is expected to be completed by early 2020 and will be developed in stages over three years, with the first stage to be unveiled tomorrow, Thursday 19 October!
Watch this space - Stage 1 opening celebrations will be featured on @shoppingcentrenews 🍾🥂🎉 Development Highlights: .
- The new Glen will extend from 58,000m2 to 78,000m2
. - Showcase international and Australian brands with 240+ new shops .
- Indoor-outdoor casual dining hub over 2 levels and overlooking a new Town Square for day and evening trade .
- Contemporary Food Gallery with unobstructed views overlooking the Dandenong Ranges .
- Fresh Food Market Hall anchored by Aldi, Woolworths & Coles .
- 6 new mini major anchors & international brands .
- New 8000m2 David Jones
- Development approval for over 500 apartments on the southern fringe of the centre .
- 3700 parking spaces representing an increase of about 600 (3000 under cover)