Arc'teryx assualt pants, I bought them off of @uselitegear
1. Color- they definitely picked the right RG and not that puke green that 5.11 has on their line 🤢
2. The premium material used 50% cotton/ 50% nylon cordura the no melt & no drip is a must especially in the environment we work in that has a chance for us to be expose to fire.
3. They sized it so you can wear base layer underneath if needed (awesome for winter time)
4. the craftsmanship that went into the pants are 👍
5. Internal knee pads are good especially if you're in environments that you might snag your external knee pads on (slight issue on the cryes)
1. Even though they used YKK zippers I feel they chose the wrong one, the handle is tiny and sometimes it get caught in the upward position and tough to dig out. And it doesn't zip down and up as smooth as the ones cryes uses.
2. No stretchy materials!!!!! This is 2017 come on @arcteryx we are all spoiled on what the standard are when crye did theirs. I understand Companies trying to be different and set them apart from their competitors but Mobility is SO important! The last thing I don't want to worry about is hiking up my pants to take a big step and remove my hands from my weapon system. Call it nitpicky but having stretch materials in certain areas is important and will make the pants last longer from wear and tear. These pants cost approximately $300 so that's no excuse and should be thought over in their next version.
3. I prefer velcro over buttons, I know the cons behind Velcro but the ease of just removing or putting on pants without the messing with a button is a plus.
4. Better choice of loop placement on the pants, as I wear a inner belt and having those loops so close to the button it's tough to tuck the sticky velcro over the female part due to how close the loops are to each other is a pain.
5. No front thigh pockets, when I first saw them on the cryes I thought to myself this looks like a gimmick putting pockets there just to be tacticool but more and more I find myself using those pockets. So not having those front pockets on kinda blew.
#swat #gearwhoreproblems #gearreview #rangergreenmasterrace #budō