Regrann from @birthartsinternational - This is my no more face.
My rules for the world.
1. Stop killing women in birth. Black women, brown women, need to get the same care as white women. Full stop.
2. Stop forcing women to birth the way you want and let them be. Let them listen to their bodies.
3. Trust birthing persons.
4. We will not detain parents and children whose parents commit misdemeanors, or are seeking asylum. What would it take for you to cross a desert and walk 30 miles for your family?? A lot. Understand people don't just pick up and leave for no reason. Really ponder what it would take for you to save your family, make a better life for them. Racism is real.
5. Quit being assholes. I know that's easier, but you will spiral and lose yourself. Once you take that step it is easier to just keep on going.
6. Say something nice first. Think something kind first.
7. No other person is responsible for your life, you are. Trust me I know shit, I decided to remove it and grow, it can be done. I'll be the first person to believe in and encourage you.
8. I'm no one. I'm cool with that, but I have a choice and a voice, use yours.
9. Just help for no gain. Do it anonymously. Help has more avenues than money.
10. Get help a lot? Stop and give back too. Balance your asks with your shares.
11. Just because someone has power doesn't mean if you supported them you have to continue. It's okay to say, "Whoa, I screwed that one up?"
12. TVs and video games never replace love, caresses, snuggles and being their. Detained children are not living large, they are surviving.
13. I'm not a perfect parent but no one threatened my children with losing me, I didn't have to flea for our safety, I didn't have to do any of the things I would have done to save them. I would have done anything. Anything.
14. We take from people of color, people of different races in every way, every day. Learn them.
15. Know I don't know it all. But I know children and mothers matter and I will never stop fighting for them.
#aclu #detention #immigration #safebirth #madmother #motherhood #family #racismisreal #fixtheworld #parents #detentioncamps #istandwithimmigrants #istandwothmigrants #wea