"Things to Do Right Now to Boost Your Self-Esteem (cc: depressionresource tumblr)
FEEL YOUR BEST
1. Take a luxurious, hot shower.
2. Take a bubble bath.
3. Scrub your face.
4. Apply perfume or cologne.
5. Put on makeup.
6. Follow a makeup tutorial and try something new!
7. Apply lotion to your entire body.
8. Dress up in an outfit that makes you feel awesome, without worrying about what anyone else thinks of it.
9. Take a selfie.
10. Look at your naked self in the mirror and think of 5 nice things to say about it.
11. Do something new with your hair.
12. Get a haircut.
13. Dye your hair.
14. Get a piercing and then take meticulous care of it.
15. Get a tattoo and treat it with love.
16. Buy yourself a new article of clothing, or piece of jewelry, and wear it.
17. Buy shoes that fit you perfectly.
18. Go somewhere just to be seen looking amazing.
19. Shave very carefully, so your skin is smooth as silk.
21. Do laundry so you can put on freshly clean clothes. If seasonally appropriate, put them on all warm and fresh from the dryer.
22. Do stretches.
23. Go swimming.
24. Spend two minutes standing like Wonder Woman, no matter your gender.
25. Physically smile, even if you aren’t genuinely feeling it. Consciously pay attention to smiling as much as possible for a few hours (don’t tire out your face though!)
26. Dance to your favorite song.
27. Do one thing that you have been meaning to do.
28. Do a chore.
29. Do something related to your dream career.
30. Engage in a hobby.
31. Do something you know you are awesome at.
32. Take the time to do a really good job on your homework, instead of just getting it done. Feel free to Google the concepts, but make sure you know the material inside and out.
34. Go for a walk.
35. Do something that you hate to do (dishes, push ups, etc) and then congratulate yourself.
36. Clean your room.
37. Do something that your therapist would be proud of your for.
38. Do something that your parent would be proud of you for.
39. Do something that your best friend would be proud of you for.
40. Make a really well-thought-out Tumblr post about something you care about.