I think there are few people who can't enjoy a nice sangria..right? What are your tricks or tips on making the perfect sangria? 🍷🍊🍏
A few I always follow:
• Using FRESH squeezed orange juice is absolute KEY. Any bottled juice (regardless of how organic or pure it may be) is just not the same
• Add a shot of liquor. Always. Brandies and rums work great, but be creative! #boozylife
• Adding a dash of bitters really livens things up
• Avoid adding citrus for extended periods of time, as the peel/pith will make it more bitter after longer than half a day or so.
• On that note, other fruits (like apples, stone fruits) are perfect additions and only enrich it with time (up to several days!)
• Soft fruits may tend to turn into mush, so add these shortly before serving
• Proper dilution is key. Make sure you serve with sufficient ice or keep lots of it around for guests. A couple cubes just won’t do.
My go-to sangria recipe (inspired by Jeffrey Morgenthaler)
• 1 bottle red wine (I'm honestly not too picky)
• 2oz brandy
• 6oz (3/4 cup) orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Cointreau)
• 8oz (1 cup) FRESH orange juice
• Simple syrup to taste (~1-2oz)
• Diced apples/pears/nectarines
Combine all ingredients and put in the fridge for 2+ hours (up to days). Add fresh sliced citrus (lemons/oranges/etc) up to 2 hours or so before serving. Serve with fresh ice.
#BarFaith #BarFaithSangria #sangria #sangriatips #sangriatime #wino #wine #punch #redwine #homebar #homebartender #craftcocktail #craftcocktails #cocktailoftheday #drinkstagram #mixology