Weekend plans? Or traveling for work? We just had to share this handy guide for all our pumping moms 🌟🙌💗
Thanks for sharing @simplewisheshandsfree
1. Print your rights from the TSA website before traveling
2. Your pump does not count as a carry-on item because it is a medical device. It can be carried on or checked for free, but if possible, carry it on just in case luggage is misplaced.
3. Ask the TSA agent to change into clean gloves before he/she inspects them.
4. Forewarn TSA agents that you have breastmilk before going through x-ray.
5. If you’re staying in a hotel, don’t forget to ask for a room with a freezer.
6. If you are flying internationally, contact the consulate of your destination country and inquire about their regulations.
7. Many moms report that airport Starbucks are happy to fill your cooler with ice.
8. @jessicashortall, author of Work.Pump.Repeat, recommends using the word “medical” a lot.
9. You may fly with an unlimited quantity of breast milk whether or not you’re traveling with your baby!
10. And make sure to allow yourself plenty of time! 🌟💗