i ❤️word phrases! in a mini album like this, they're an easy way to add coordinating pops of colour (and fun phrases) as little titles or as part of embellishment clusters. super cute and quick to make too.
here are my tips if it helps! 📝
1) create a table in microsoft word or any program that has tables. use at least three columns and as many rows as you like.
2) make the 1st and 3rd column narrow (1/4 inch), fill them white, and colour the borders black. do the same thing with the 1st and last row. i use these as guiding lines during cutting.
3) for the middle column, remove the border colour and fill the cells with whatever colour(s) you want 😊🌈 i wanted to echo the colours in this #heidiswapp tropical instax card set, shown on this ombre card, so i used a colour picker (free chrome extension) to get the RGB from a photo of it online. you could also colour pick from your photos. full disclosure, four colours ended up working great and two didn't = it's all trial and error so try not to sweat it 😉!
4) add phrases to the middle column. i used a mix of universal phrases ("so totally awesome", "on the menu", "selfie time") and some photo/story-specific phrases ("lost.. but optimistic", "besties", "couldn't stop laughing"). this free font is a current fav = remington noiseless, bold, size 12.
5) print! i used my epson inkjet printer, on "high quality" setting, onto epson premium matte presentation paper. i did this the night before to allow for dry time - it lays down quite a lot of ink on the high setting (with wonderfully vibrant results).
6) trim into ready-to-use strips - i used my dahle guillotine trimmer (love her). i cut out the table first so those black row markings are right against the trimming edge to help me line up the paper and keep the strips fairly uniform 📐