The Red Wine Gin Sour is from Italy's oldest gin bar, @thegincorner at the @hoteladriano in Rome. Here's our take on the recipe detailed in @tastingrome:
1.5 fluid ounces @bombaysapphireus
0.75 fluid ounce @stgermaindrinks elderflower liqueur
0.75 fluid ounce simple syrup
0.75 fluid ounce fresh lemon juice
1 large egg white
0.75 fluid ounce Italian red wine (floated over bar spoon)
1. Combine all ingredients (except wine) in shaker tin.
2. Add large ice and shake 20 seconds.
3. Strain, remove ice from shaker tin, and replace ingredients in shaker tin for a "dry shake" (without ice).
4. Shake vigorously 20 secs to emulsify egg white.
5. Pour (without straining (to retain foam)) into chilled Collins glass over ice spear. (Pictured is a glass from @schott_zwiesel_adit_uk via @surlatable.)
6. Pour red wine over inverted bar spoon to float on top. (Pictured is bronze spoon from @crateandbarrel).