✈️ I don’t like flying. I’ve flown my entire life. Multiple flights a year when I was a kid. But, it all started going a little downhill when I was around when Aria was born. The anxiety now? Oy🤦🏽♀️
Since I can’t avoid flying, here are some of the tools I use to help me cope. I hope some work for you.
1. Focus on the destination and how fun it’s going to be once you get there
2. Remember that you’ve done this before and have made it. You were fine before and you will be fine again. History has shown that all flights have resulted in a successful landing.
3. During turbulence, remind yourself that this is temporary. It too, shall end
4. Draw/Doodle while listening to your favorite music
5. Take Xanax as needed (no shame in that medication game)
Don’t let your fear of flying stop you. It may never be the most comfortable experience, or a carefree experience like it is for other people you know. But, that’s okay. And now you have some tools to add to your toolkit to help!💓