Homemade, gluten-free quinoa pizza with a crunch, & grounding toppings which has made this pizza my favorite.😋 Where should I start - the crust or the toppings? OK, I will start with the toppings, because the crust recipe is below.👍 The kick-ass topping is, if you can believe it, baked butternut squash! Love it!👌 I baked the whole organic butternut squash at 400°F for about 40 to 50 min, then mashed the desired amount (& chopped it’s peel). Added generous amount of this baked squash on the baked pizza crust, & topped with more goodies such as onions, bell peppers, kale, mushrooms, & some fresh tomatoes.🍅 Once out of the oven, I topped it with some fresh basil, & a bit more onion (kinda love onion).
Here's the pizza crust recipe:
1 Cup Quinoa (dry)
1 Cup Filtered Water
1 to 3 Garlic cloves
1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) Add everything, except the herbs, to your high speed blender, & blend to smoothness. Once smooth, add in the Thyme, Basil, & Oregano, & stir.
3) Pour this batter onto a parchment lined paper, & spread evenly - being careful not to spread too thin or too thick.
4) Bake it in the oven for about 15min, or until the top is golden brown.
5) Once golden brown, flip the crust, & remove the parchment paper, & bake the other side directly on the oven rack until golden brown.
6) Lower heat to 400°F.
7) Add your favorite toppings (do try the baked squash!), & bake for 5 to 8 minutes - until veggies are baked to your satisfaction.
Enjoy the delicious crunch & wonderful flavors!💖 .
Note: If you do not have a high speed blender, simply soak the quinoa for few hours, & add less water while blending.