1. RB Jay Ajayi missed practice on Sunday and Monday with an undisclosed lower-body injury, and HC Doug Pederson says that the team decided to rest Ajayi for Thursday. OT Jason Peters and RB Darren Sproles will not be playing as well. TE Richard Rodgers has a brace on his right knee, and will be week-to-week.
2. QB Nick Foles seems to have recovered from his shoulder strain, with confirmation that the quarterback will play this Thursday. Pederson notes that Foles will likely see more playing time this game, up to one half of the game.
3. Pederson echoes DC Jim Schwartz's sentiment that Thursday night will be key in deciding who will be the starting nickel cornerback.
4. RBs Wendell Smallwood and Matt Jones may be the only two running backs healthy vs. the Browns, shifting the competition slightly. They received extended reps at today's practice as they fight for a job.
5. Pederson reports that QB Carson Wentz's first day participating in 11-on-11 drills has been going smoothly. "He’s doing well. He’s moving well. He’s making good decisions, throwing the ball extremely well." 6. WR Mack Hollins, a valuable contributor to the special teams unit, has missed several practices and last Thursday's game but could make an appearance this week. Pederson says that he "practiced a little bit yesterday, and he got out there and did some nice things, so he's progressing," and that the team will make a decision going forward to "make sure that he's also 100 percent to start the season."
---- 📸: Hunter Martin, Philadelphia Eagles