P A I N - living in a society where pain medications are overly prescribed, addiction is a serious problem, and overdosing is becoming more common...we HAVE to do something to stop it!
Not only can strong pain medications, like opioids, be life-threatening but all medications have negative effects on your body. Even the occasional Advil will disrupt your gut lining 😰 By taking medications, you are trying to cover up the symptoms of the root cause and not doing yourself a favor by solving the underlying issue.
As a pharmacist, I try to discuss alternatives and natural solutions PRIOR to taking medications because if you are willing to invest in your health and learn WHY you feel the way you do, you won’t have to rely on medications! Not only that, it will save you so much $$ in the long run! #healthcare
IF YOU ARE IN #AUSTINTX , here are my go-to options for PAIN ☺️:
1. @drmattdelgado - the BEST chiropractor in town. It’s not all about the “cracking” or “popping” but about restoring the FUNCTION of your spine and nerves
2. @anabolic_lmt - massage therapist and bodywork! Get those kinks and knots out!
3. @uscryo_austin - ONLY TRUE WHOLE BODY #CRYOTHERAPY in town! This probably needs its own post but this speeds up my recovery and reduces my overall inflammation and pain in 2.5 minutes 😱
4. #CBD oil - my new secret weapon 😍 I mainly use this for sleep but this is so powerful in reducing overall inflammation
5. @vitalproteins collagen is part of my daily routine. In addition to having improved hair, skin, and nails, the collagen helps rebuild cartilage which can reduce any joint pain
6. #FISHOIL - one of the supplements that I recommend to EVERYONE. Having a healthy dose of fish oil is so important for balancing out our omegas, brain function, and has been shown to dramatically reduce inflammation!
If you have chronic pain, migraines, or even mild headaches, there are so many alternatives that are safer and more effective than pain killers. What do you guys do when you have pain?! 👇🏼 COMMENT BELOW ☺️ #painfree