This is an efficient + simple representation by @strengthcoachtherapy on muscle GROWTH 📈 (hypertrophy)! Their advice is on point👌🏽, but here are some minor additions I would like to add 👍🏽
* ECCENTRIC lifting + movements is what stresses microtrauma on muscles (muscle tears as it lengthens)
* Work the large muscle groups first ➡️ then small muscle groups
* Muscle is on a "use it or lose it system", beware muscle loss (atrophy) 🚫‼️
* Carbs 🍎🍌🍊🍞🥔are your FRIEND 😁❗️Your brain and nervous system can only run on carbs, NOT fat and protein‼️
* Proteins 🍗🍖🍳🥔🥛 are the only macronutrients that can BUILD MUSCLE‼️
* Think about taking a DAILY VITAMIN 💊pill! If you can't get all the essential vitamins through your diet, a daily vitamin is a great safety net for vitamins like iron, B12, and zinc!
* FREE WEIGHTS 🏋🏽> machines‼️ Machines can deceive you with how much weight you're actually lifting + they don't quite work the muscles like free weights do! Free weights 5ever❗️
* 💬"Once an individual can perform the desired workload for 2 consecutive trainings sessions, +2-10% increase if load," if you're unsure when to increase load 📈
* ⬆️ greater core stability leads to ➡️ ⬆️ greater greater force production + transfer to the extremities‼️ the strongest and biggest muscles are closest to the midline of our body (proximal)‼️
* Muscle growth doesn't happen in the gym, it happens during sleep 😴 * The body ADAPTS to training by repairing more 💪🏽 muscle than the muscle damage you endured in training
* Overtraining EXISTS‼️ Seriously, don't over do it. Your body is playing catch up when you decide to stress it. If you think about it, RESTING IS GAINING👍🏽
Thanks for reading! If you have any specific questions, feel free to DM me!
#training #gains #hypertrophy #musclegrowth #fitness #health #wellness #nutrition #recovery #diet #exercise #weightlifting #personaltraining #weights #gym #life