things i require in a pen pal:
yes i may seem a little demanding or strict, whatever you want to call it but i've been doing this for three years. i know the scammers and the ins and out of it all. these are just to protect me and my potential future pen pal.
1. if you do not have a snail mail incoming/outgoing account—i require you to send first. my reason: i have written so many three page front and back sided letters with goodies only to. never. get. a. reply. you know the feeling when you put all your artistic energy into a school assignment but only get a C or some other close grade on it? yeah, well that's how i feel.
2. i do not want short letter pen pals. no. my reason: i once had a pen pal who only wrote half a page of an A5 sheet of paper. where is the excitement in that? it was always the same things too: how are you, how she felt, then hope to hear from you soon. wth? i'm completely over it. i want pen pals who can write letters longer than 1 1/2 sheets of standard 11x8 paper. it costs a lot of money to send international for only half a small sheet of paper. let's make that full ounce worth it!
3. i only want female pen pals. my reason: sorry my male friends, there aren't many of you but i have found they usually only want internet pen pals (which actually are internet friends) or only write one letter then get bored with it. i'm not up for that. sorry, i just don't have the time to write out a nice full letter between my schoolwork, pen pals that come first, other activities, swaps, etc only to again, never get a reply or get one then write another and never hear from you again. i do have two male pals, but they are older and actually into fulfilling their pen pal duties.
4. i would like my pen pals to add their instagram user name/tumblr link/e-mail/some way to contact them in or on their letter someway. my reason: this is so i can keep track in my booklet i keep. this is for me to stay on track so i can keep our letters coming in and out running smoothly.
5. and lastly, a simple one: don't expect me to not ask questions (mail tag). (REST IN COMMENTS)