Just finished painting both of my boys rooms! I tried a few new products and have a few quick tips that might help you during your next home painting project!
Quick tip- If you don’t mind getting a little paint on the walls ( or you want to tape them off), look for a 3/8” NAP roller that paints into the corner. It will actually say it on the package. It is much easier to roll out the corners, rather than paint them with an angled brush! 👍🏻
• Invest in a 14-18” roller for ceiling painting projects. I used an 18” roller. Keep in mind you will need a large paint trough (which is readily available in major retail spots!
• When you paint a room, follow this process. 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
1. Paint one coat along the trim and window edges of the room.
2. Roll one coat of paint on a section or wall.
3. Using an angle brush, paint your second coat along the trim in the section you just rolled. Breaking each section down like this will allow you to address any drip spots from the roller (which happens often), as well as blend a second coat into the wall. If you don’t break each section up, you run the risk of the paint drips drying and creating more of an issue. • Always apply at least two coats of roller paint. Even with super paint, or cashmere paint from Sherwin Williams requires a second coat! Do it right the first time!
Hope that helps! Comment or question below! 📺STAY TUNED FOR MORE MJ HOMES -MILLWOOD MANOR RENOVATION!! @jesswahlstromrealtor