I’ll always wear pearls & blue a little differently now. It’s been just over a week now since our world said goodbye to the beautiful Barbara Bush.💙 Continuing to pray for Pres. Bush & their family & staff in this huge loss. We were so grateful for the chance to visit St. Martin's Church last weekend & say a prayer of thanks for the amazing legacy & influence of her life. City Hall of Houston was lit up blue in her honor & billboards across Texas have remembered her.🌟
We remember seeing her right there downtown at TUTS once when Troy & I were at the Hobby Center for a show, she & President Bush were just walking through the lobby (with the whole entourage) saying hello like everyone was their best friend. What I'm remembering again this week, thanks to her wisdom & legacy...
- Faith, family, friends are the most important things in this life.
- Spend time with those you love. - Laugh a lot, don't take yourself, or life, too seriously. - Be real, be yourself, own your style, wear pearls.
- Don't allow the hard times to define you, God can turn it around for good in helping someone else.
- Do something nice for someone else every day.
- Live a life of giving, look for ways to help those around us.
- Read. Read to your kids. Encourage them to read. - Even when you're blessed to live a very long time, life can still seem short, so make the days count for good.
- Heaven is real. And so grateful that it is.🌟
#houstontx #bushfamily #prayers #wisdomforlife #texas #thingsthatmattermost @barbarabushfoundation @tutshouston @jennabhager